The semiconductor capital equipment is the largest user of mineral castings in North America. The development of high speed processes for the production of chips and other semiconductor components requires thermally stable and vibration free machine structures. Mineral castings help reduce vibration significantly in a variety of applications whether in the Front End such as lithography or Back End such as wire bonders and other packaging equipment.
- Analysis/Measurement (Defect detection, X-ray, Optical inspection)
- Assembly/Hybrid equipment (Dicing, wire bonding, Pick & Place, Dispensing, Die Bonding, Inspection, Flip Chip, Marking, Screen Printers)
- Process equipment (Automation & Robotics, Inspection, Lithography, Measurement, Wet Etch systems, Dry Etch)
- Test (Failure Analysis, Package test, wafer test systems, vision systems)
- Wafer Handling and storage (Process carriers, storage and retrieval systems)